Yaya Toure Exits Manchester City, Sends Emotional Message To Fans - Naijaray
Connect with us

Sports

Yaya Toure Exits Manchester City, Sends Emotional Message To Fans

Yaya Toure
Former Manchester City star, Yaya Toure has sent a ‘final message’ of gratitude to the club’s fans as he departs the Etihad.
The 35-year-old, who ended his eight-year stay at the Citizens following City’s 3-1 victory over Brighton in the Premier League last week Wednesday, is full of appreciation to the club’s fans.
Toure, however, took to his Twitter page on Tuesday evening to applaud the fans for their support for him and his family during his stay at the club.
He wrote, “This is Toure Yaya. This is my personal message to you for all your support and all the things you’ve been doing for me, most especially for me and my family.

“I want you to understand that you made me who I am. It is only in City I achieved a lot of personal trophies like four times; best African player in a roll, won trophies, week in week out playing games and was free of injuries.

“You ‘ve always been behind me, pushing me on to be able to be the best and today I want to say thank you and I appreciate all the time we have been together.
“To be honest, this is the first time in my whole career I will be staying with a club for more than eight years. The love I have shared with you has been immense and incredible and I was thinking it will never end but now it has ended.

“You have to understand that you will always stay in my heart and maybe one time I will be very happy to come back.

“I think the thing my family and other persons close to me are saying is the legacy I have left.

“What I have been thinking for this club and thinking for you is what is happening now and I want to say thank you and I hope you will continue to support this club and be the greatest fans I have.”
Recall that Toure joined the Citizens from Barcelona in the summer of 2010 and featured in 230 English Premier League games, scoring 59 times.
The Cote d’Ivoire international won three Premier League titles, two League Cups, one FA Cup and Community Shield with City.
READ ALSO  De Gea To Become The Highest Paid Goalkeeper In The World After He Agrees To Walkaway From Man UTD In Summer
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Sports

I regained form after I stopped eating jollof rice – Footballer Isaac Success

Footballer, Isaac Success has revealed how he regained his form in the English Premier League.

Isaac says his change of diet, including a stop in eating his favorite Jollof rice, helped him. The 22-year-old injury prone Nigerian footballer, in a chat with DailyMail said:

“I was eating a lot of African food [Jollof rice inclusive]and it was a little bit heavy but I’ve cut that out and I’m on the team diet, eating with the team.

Eating earlier at night, it’s really helped. I wasn’t fit and wasn’t working. I made mistakes because I wasn’t working hard and needed to concentrate more. I stuck to my plan.

READ ALSO  The Cause Of Leicester Helicopter Crash Revealed… And Its Shocking

When you’re fit it’s more difficult to get injured, and if you’re injured you recover on time. So, this season is going well because physically I’m fine. I lost a couple of kilos and that made me faster and stronger. I feel sharper.”

According to reports, Isaac has already played more minutes this season than he played in the two before.

He has also scored again in the EPL, something he last did in 2016. Has also added three Super Eagles caps to the single cap he had before October.

Continue Reading

Sports

Owen mention one player Chelsea must replace after 2-0 win over Man City 

Former Liverpool star, Michael Owen, has identified one player Chelsea must replace in their squad.

Owen said Alvaro Morata was no longer needed in the team having failed to establish himself since arriving last season.

Morata was not even on the bench on Saturday as Maurizio Sarri decided to play Eden Hazard as false nine.

The Spaniard has failed to live up to expectations after arriving from Real Madrid for a club-record £60million in the summer of 2017.

“Chelsea need to replace Morata,” Owen told BT Sport.

Continue Reading

Sports

Pep Guardiola reveals why Manchester City lost 2-0 to Chelsea 

Manchester City boss, Pep Guardiola, has revealed why they were beaten 2-0 by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

City suffered their first defeat of the season on Saturday with goals from N’golo Kante and David Luiz in each half.

Maurizio Sarri’s side rose from the disappointment of losing at Wolves in midweek to end City’s 21-game unbeaten league run.

Guardiola’s side was struck in the first half as N’Golo Kante fired high past Ederson from Eden Hazard’s pass.

Chelsea returned from the break stronger and much improved, securing the win with 12 minutes left when David Luiz’s glancing header following a corner bounced in off the far post

READ ALSO  De Gea To Become The Highest Paid Goalkeeper In The World After He Agrees To Walkaway From Man UTD In Summer

Guardiola told post-match conference at Stamford Bridge, “The result is the result, they scored two goals, congratulations Chelsea for the victory.

“We came here with an idea, we had a great first half but conceded the goal.

“They are so strong, the first half and last 25 we were fantastic and it was a joy to see my players and they showed incredible personality to play here.

“We created enough chances to score, unfortunately, it didn’t happen. The way we played today was incredible.”

Continue Reading

Trending