The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) on Sunday, May 20, said that it had set May 26 for rescheduled Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) for more than 12, 000 candidates across the country.
The Board’s Head of Media, Dr Fabian Benjamin, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja.
According to Benjamin, more than 12, 000 candidates are expected to sit for the mop up examinations in few of its centres across the country.
According to him, “There are centres that were cancelled because of suspicious activities but the board was unable to identify the actual culprits.
However, he said that those, who were involved and caught in illicit acts and centres where a case of malpractice has been established against them would not partake in the rescheduled examinations.
He advised candidates, who might have fallen into any of the categories qualified for the examination to print their e-slips from Monday, May 21.
NAN recalls the board had earlier promised to reschedule the examinations for some candidates whose cases were exceptional, adding that candidates, who fall under such categories would be contacted before then.
Oloyede said the regularised admission was for students who had scored below cut-off marks, among various irregularities.
He also said that many universities and other tertiary institutions had engaged in the irregular admission of candidates for 10 years.