The Federal government has reacted to the purported audio recordings of the Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi, criticising President Buhari.
Recall that recently, Reno Omokri released a number of audio recordings allegedly of Amaechi speaking ill of President Buhari. In one of the audio recordings, Amaechi allegedly said President Buhari does not read and hardly listens to anyone.
Reacting to the audio tapes which have since gone viral, the Minister said they were doctored and was part of the “mudslinging politics of the opposition”. Speaking at a news briefing in Abuja today, Lai Mohammed said
“Again, the opposition is determined to ensure that the ongoing campaign for the 2019 elections is not based on issues but on mudslinging. What is the point in shopping around for audio clips or publications that are then maliciously edited out of context? “Why do they think this will break our ranks in the ruling party?
What advantage do they think they can get from this infantile act? “Whoever wants to circulate any audio or video clip should do so in its entirety so that the people can understand the context. Otherwise, let them continue wasting their time circulating an audio that is clearly designed to blackmail”.
Amaechi has also distanced himself from the recordings, saying they were doctored by his political enemies.
- Naira Marley has a message for Yahoo Boys after his release
- Sex Scandal: Ekiti State University Lecturer caught on camera allegedly attempting to have sex with his female student
- Naira Marley Sends Message To Fans After Release
- See Zlatan Ibile’s Beautiful Girlfriend As She Shows Off Their New Baby
- Checkout Current Status of $360m Abiola Stadium Taken Over By Weeds