RECENT

Eight electrocuted while repairing electrical wiring of shop

No fewer than eight people were electrocuted and one injured while repairing the electrical wiring of a shop in a northern district of Bangladesh , a police official has said.

Abu Daud of Sirajganj Sadar Police Station, said the incident took place around 12 : 30 p . m . ( 0630GMT) , when nine people came in contact with a livewire while shifting a makeshift shop , leaving them severely injured .

They were taken to district Sadar Hospital , where the doctor declared eight of them dead , said Dr Faridul Islam , a resident medical officer of the hospital.

READ ALSO  EFCC Accuses 10 Banks Of Money Laundering

The injured was admitted to the hospital, he added.

According to the Bangladeshi Health Injury Survey 2016 , hundreds of people usually die of electrocution in Bangladesh , especially in the rainy season .

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.