Eight electrocuted while repairing electrical wiring of shop

No fewer than eight people were electrocuted and one injured while repairing the electrical wiring of a shop in a northern district of Bangladesh , a police official has said.

Abu Daud of Sirajganj Sadar Police Station, said the incident took place around 12 : 30 p . m . ( 0630GMT) , when nine people came in contact with a livewire while shifting a makeshift shop , leaving them severely injured .

They were taken to district Sadar Hospital , where the doctor declared eight of them dead , said Dr Faridul Islam , a resident medical officer of the hospital.

The injured was admitted to the hospital, he added.

According to the Bangladeshi Health Injury Survey 2016 , hundreds of people usually die of electrocution in Bangladesh , especially in the rainy season .

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.