Roman Abramovich has rejected an approach from Britain’s richest person to buy Chelsea Football Club.
Jim Ratcliffe, the billionaire boss of multinational petrochemicals giant Ineos and a Blues season-ticket holder, expressed an interest in buying the club amid speculation Abramovich could be willing to sell.
But the Russian oligarch made it clear he had no intention of cutting ties with Chelsea, despite his recent decision to halt plans for a new stadium because of his UK visa issues.
The club refused to comment on Friday, stating only that Abramovich remains committed to a club he has owned for 15 years.
Sportmail reports that Ratcliffe is among a number of approaches that have been rejected, including from China.
Ratcliffe, who on Saturday was knighted in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for services to business and investment, already owns a football club in Switzerland and has a personal fortune of more than double that of Abramovich.
- VIDEO: Beyoncé – BROWN SKIN GIRL ft. Wizkid, Saint Jhn, Blue Ivy
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks Dino Melaye, orders fresh election in Kogi West
- MUSIC: Olamide – Man ft. Bbanks
- See The Shocking Amount That Nigerian Senators Will Spend For Cars (PHOTOS)
- Naira Marley Acquires a 2010 Porsche Panamera Car (VIDEO)