Real and Correct WAEC Literature In English Essay/Theory and OBJ Questions and Answer Solution – May/June 2017 Verified Expo Runs
Ans 4 question only
Ogeyi is Aloho’s friend and confidant.
Aloho lives with Ogeyi in her small
apartment in Pannya. She tries to
discourage Aloho from taking
Ochuole’s job offer and warns her to
keep away from Ochuole. She seeks justice for Aloho by reporting Chief to
the police. She is the voice of reason
in the play.
i)Beneatha feels entitled to become a doctor. When that may be taken away from her, she has no response other than to give up on helping others. Beneatha wants to be a doctor because she has a desire to heal.
ii)Ruth constantly fights with Walter. Her family’s peace is further upended when she finds out she’s pregnant. Ruth considers an abortion to maintain peace in the family she already has.
iii)Mama makes a rash decision to prompt Walter to stand up and be a man, which proves unwise. Mama buys a house in an all-white neighbourhood to provide a home for her family. And again Mama wants Walter to stand up and be the man of the family In Other words Mama and Ruth want to provide peace for their families.
The use symbolism is to derive its message, the sources of the conflict explored in the poem are represented symbolically by Piano and Drums in other words Personification, Imagery, Alliteration, Simile, Diction, are the symbol in the play,Okara’s metaphors are simple but fitting: the drums represent traditional African life, while the piano represents the Western world.
The theme of endurance,is a constant backdrop for many of Frost’s poems. The speaker of “Birches” never sees a boy or comes across one. He only imagines one, and the boy that he does imagine is himself at a younger age. The boy seems to be similar to William Wordsworth and Walt Whitman’s portrayals of boys. These boys have their own rules and wisdom that they can pass on to the older men and women around them. They are ready for adventures in nature and represent the wild, untamed state of “man” that remains good and moral even though no one is there to govern him. The speaker’s loneliness may be the result of adult concerns. and considerations.
Dele Charley: the blood of a stranger
1. What do you learn about the culture of mando land in the play
2. Examine Wara’s role in the development of the plot
Frank Ogbodo ogbeche: harvest of corruption
3. Justify the title of the play
4. Assess the character of Ogeyi in the play
Lorrade Hansberry a raisin in the sun
5. Examine the younger as a close knit family
6. How are mama, Ruth and beneatha portrayed in the in the play
Oliver Goldsmith : she stoop to conquer
7. Compare the relationship between Tony and Constance with that between young Marlow and kate
8. How does Mr. Hardcastle feel about is step son
9. Relate the tittle of the poem ambush to the theme of frustrated dreams
10. Discuss the use of symbolism in okara’s piano and drum
Non African poetry
11. Comment on the use of pun in Herbert’s the pulley
12. Examine the theme endurance in birches
Answer one question from each section